Friday, June 12, 2020

How I Saved 660£ in Gas & Electric Bill | Tamil



How I Saved 660£ in Gas & Electric Bill in UK

Having been meticulous in exploring all opportunities to save costs even the smallest of amounts, I usually monitor my Utility Bills to see if I can switch to get a better deal.

This time I was distracted with the Covid19 and Lockdown and had not checked for 3-4 months, when out of the blue I got a call from my provider Scottish Power to discuss my monthly payments. They wanted to increase my monthly payments as it was not enough to cover the bills and I knew immediately it was time to switch.

A simple excel that I maintain helped me with the comparison











The key is to have a year of meter reading for Gas and Electricity and knowing how to convert the meter reading into Kwh the unit of measurement used for calculating the energy bills.

Electricity meter readings are simpler. Gas meter readings are a bit confusing with the fact that they are shown in Volume and need to be converted and the conversion is different if you have a Imperial Gas Meter or a Metric Gas Meter.

I have provided a simpler explanation of the calculation and also the comparison to get a cheaper quote in my latest video.

LINK to the Excel File Used (Please make a copy to Edit) - Gas & Electricity
Watch the Full Video Below


1 comment:

  1. Superb Anand. you are doing so many good things to UK tamils.
    - Sudhan

    ReplyDelete

UK New Points Based System 2021 - Commonly Asked Questions & Salary Calculations

UK New points based work Visa - Explained with Commonly Asked Questions & Salary Calculations Youtube Video Salary Calculation...